How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
1. when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
2. when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
3. when you give us your consent to contact you via email, phone, post or message to send you marketing campaigns, or to invite you to participate in surveys about our services, or our partners’ services;
4. when you contact us directly via email, post, or message; and
5. when you browse and use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us).
We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and our fraud detection provider.
How We Collect Information From You
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
When you visit the Sites or make a Finish & Feast order through the Sites, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information. We may also collect your date of birth to verify your age when you purchase age restricted items.
We also collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail or letter.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites.
We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Finish & Feast mobile application, through your mobile's browser or otherwise.
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any food allergies.
Use of Your Information
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
1. to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites;
2. to supply the services you have requested;
3. to enable us to collect payment from you; and
4. to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a legitimate interest for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
1. to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
2. to tailor content that we or our third-party restaurant or advertising partners display to you, for example to make sure you see the advertising which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
3. to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible and to provide a positive customer experience;
4. to contact you for your views and feedback on our services or our partners’ services and/or products and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services where you have asked us to do so;
5. to send you information by post about our products, services and promotions (if you do not want to receive these, you can let us know by getting in touch (see Contact Details));
6. to analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
We also process your data to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Finish & Feast, restaurant partners, courier partners, or others (including to prevent fraud);
If you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city or area in which you live.
Where you have chosen to receive push notifications from us through our mobile application, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with restaurants that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see 'Your Rights' section below for more information.
Where we rely on legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal information, we carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests. You can find out more information about these balancing tests by contacting us using the details above.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to create a record of your order(s) and comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
The effective date of this cookies policy is 20/09/2020.
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
1. Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
2. Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third-party features on our website including like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise.
3. Third party advertising cookies: As do many other sites, we use third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies working for them to fill ad space on our website. These third parties may use persistent cookies and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third-party technologies. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please contact the third parties directly for more information about their privacy practices.
By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
Where you have given your consent or where we have a legitimate interest for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email, post or phone. You can opt out of such direct marketing by letting us know at email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary. Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of my information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
1. our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
2. legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
3. statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
4. our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests (see the section on 'How we use your personal information' above);
5. (potential) disputes; and
6. guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
Disclosure of Your Information
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
We share your information with third party service providers which provide services on our behalf. The types of third-party service providers whom we share your information with include for example:
1. Payment providers (including online payment providers);
2. IT service providers (including cloud providers);
3. Restaurant partners;
4. Courier partners;
5. Customer support partners; and
6. Marketing and advertising partners.
If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
We may also share your information:
1. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
2. in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
3. to protect the rights of Finish & Feast, restaurant partners, courier partners, or others, including to prevent fraud; and
4. with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police or for health and safety purposes.
We adopt appropriate procedures and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend, or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
You may have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You can object by changing your marketing preferences, disabling cookies or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).